Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine's Decor

I HEART Valentine's Day!! I love the colors, what it stands for and most of all getting sweet notes from my kiddos!

This year I actually did some decorating for it. My BFF and I made these cute felt hearts. They were so easy and turned out really cute!!

Behind the felt heart is a needlepoint picture that my Granny did for me when I was little. I still cherish it! It simply says "I love you".


This shelf is in the hall when you come in from my garage door. I always keep our names in the frames on the shelf above our hooks. I really wanted to change them to pink and red, but I never got a chance.

The large frame was also my grandmother's and was a shiny gold color. Nothing a can of black spray paint couldn't help. The picture itself was from http://www.eighteen25.com/. My BFF sent it to Sam's to be printed since it was 16x20. I LOVE IT!!!

The L-O-V-E picture is one that I made by finding some pictures on the internet, cutting them apart and repositioning them to fit the frame that I had. You can't tell but the pictures are sprinkles with the letters "drawn" into them.

The last piece on my shelf is the candle. I went to our local Goodwill and found a glass container, put a white candle in it and poured candy hearts around it.

So here is the final product. I am thrilled with how it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment