Saturday, April 9, 2011

Wedding Gift on a Budget

First off, my cousin, Jill is getting married!! We are so excited for her!

As most people these days, our budget is tight. But I wanted to make something that would be useful, yet meaningful to her.

It all started with a trip to Sonic...and their awesome drink carrier! Then a trip to Home Depot to get some Chalkboard Spray paint.

I sprayed it all over, even on the inside... Next to the gift part. I got her 4 large glass mugs and I etched a "T" in them for the first letter of their last name. I used my cricut to cut the vinyl letter out and then an oval out of the vinyl using my Creative Memories cutting system. Then I put the etching cream on and let it sit for a minute or so. So here it is, all wrapped up! I wrote some messages around the box with chalk and even tied a piece of chalk to the box so that they can write on it too! I tied black, white and pink ribbon to the top to make it a little fru-fru. Total cost:$9.60 Drink carrier $0 Chalboard Spray Paint $2.50 (bottle was $5 but I only used half) Glass Mugs $4 ($1 each) Ribbon $2 Tissue $1 Chalk $.10 I had the etching cream and vinyl already, so this is not included in the price. Have fun with this project! Let me know if you make one and how it turned out!
UndertheTableandDreaming The DIY Show Off The Girl Creative BWS tips button Sumo Sweet Stuff Tip Junkie handmade projects
Strictly Homemade Tuesday Cherished Treasures”= The Blackberry Vine



12 comments:

  1. Hi! I am stopping by from Sunday Showcase. I am a new follower. Great blog. Blessings...
    Saved By Love Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome homemade gift and package!! Great job!!
    I would love for you to join me tomorrow and show this off at my first Linky party plus I am having a giveaway. I hope to see you there!! www.strictly-homemade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this project - you've inspired me to use your directions and make a baby gift! Come on over and link to my weekly party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! There is so much you can do with those drink carriers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous gift wrapping! I hope you'll stop by the Pretty Packages Party and share them.

    http://blackberryvine.blogspot.com/2011/04/pretty-packages-party-8.html

    Smiles!
    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  6. Genius!! I am going to have to remember this for the next wedding I go to!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute and frugal. I'm a new follower. I'd love for you to stop by my blgo some time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute!!! I love how you re-purposed the sonic box. mmmh i love sonic!! haha

    I'd love for you to link this up to my link party, Your Whims Wednesday! http://mygirlishwhims.blogspot.com/2011/04/your-whims-wednesday-2-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an awsome idea! So creative to take a piece of junk from Sonic that I would have trown quite quickly ino the trash and make such a CuTE gift! This could be modified to so many other celebrations requiring a gift.
    Baby shower gift...bottles
    House warming...wine glasses
    Man's gift...some beer bottles or a few mugs...endless possiblities.

    I'm you newest follower! I'd be honored if you stopped over to my newbie blog! tiarasandbowties.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  10. I featured your adorable gift today! Feel free to stop by and grab a button!
    smiles!
    Jami

    ReplyDelete